Wednesday, December 3, 2014





"Let us run with perseverance the race that is set before us." - Hebrews 12:1


So today was the last day of my first round of IVIG treatments.  Overall, treatment so far has been a huge success, though I did not initially see any improvements.  In the last two days I have regained the ability to bend  my legs on my own (though it takes a ridiculous amount of effort still), and with the help of a walker and two physical therapists, I am able to take a few steps!  Today was the first time in weeks that I have been able to stand up and walk.  It was an amazing feeling!  


Tomorrow, I will be discharged and transferred to an inpatient rehab facility.  We’re still not sure exactly which one I’ll be going to, since getting me accepted into a program has been a challenge.  Prayerfully, I will be going to D.C., but we won’t know until tomorrow.  Fingers crossed!


While part of me is excited to begin PT and get my strength back, there is another part of me that is nervous about how difficult re-learning all basic functions is going to be.  I’m ready to put in the work, of course, but I know it;s going to be the biggest challenge I’ve ever faced.


So tonight, I am preparing my heart and mind for the race I have been called to.  Tomorrow, it’s time to hustle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment