Saturday, January 31, 2015

Lost and Found

A few years ago, I participated in a drama piece with the amazing church I was then attending.  It was simple…people were asked, in two words, to describe their lives before and after Christ.  We were then asked to write the words on a poster, one word on each side.  We gathered together and one at a time, stood on stage to share our words…our story, with the church.


I was placed last in line.  Holding my poster and sharing my story, I wept in front of everyone.


"lost".


"found".


Those words are my story, even today. 


It’s funny, most days I feel both lost and found.  Lost in a sea of medical terms and tests, fear of the unknown and depression from the known…but found in His embrace and love, found in a peace that I can’t possibly understand, found in hope for the future and joy everlasting.


"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you’ll abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." - Romans 15:3

0 comments:

Post a Comment