Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Honest Moment

Can I be honest?  I do not think in sunshine and roses and rainbows all day long.


I still have nightmares about being in the hospital.  The care was wonderful (for the most part), it wasn’t that.  I can recall, in too vivid detail, every moment of my signal tap.  Every moment in the hours that followed.  The pain that wouldn’t stop, and doctors could do nothing about.  The devastation of lack of conclusive results from that test.  The tears from fear over an MRI, the panic attacks in the machine, being told that a second MRI will be needed.


If I’m being honest, I still have nightmares and wake up in tears.


And that’s ok.


It’s ok to be honest, to admit to your human-ness…to be broken.  


To let Him be your strength.  To let God carry you.  To say, “please take this from me”


But not my will…let Yours be done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment